Thermal curtains, also known as insulated curtains or thermal drapes, their unique quality is that they help to regulate the temperature within a room by preventing a heat exchange with the external environment. As these curtains are made of multiple layers of fabric, they have very good insulation properties.
We recommend that you use local curtain cleaners in Melbourne, like Curtain Cleaning Melbourne, for deep-cleaning your curtains.
Key Features of Thermal Curtains
- Thermal curtains are excellent for temperature control and insulation. This is due to the layer of foam, polyester batting, or special thermal lining. This helps to block the cold during cold weather and the heat during the summer.
- Thermal curtains have an acrylic foam or reflective lining, which enhances the curtains’ ability to reflect heat and insulate the room.
- Thermal curtains improve energy efficiency in homes by reducing heat transfer through the windows. This helps to maintain stable heating indoors, reducing your overall heating and cooling costs.
- The light-blocking properties help create a darker and more comfortable environment, which provides a more comfortable sleeping environment.
- Sound insulation helps to reduce external noise and create a quieter indoor space.
- Thermal curtains also come in several shades, colors, and patterns to suit your interior décor.
How to care for thermal curtains
- Read the care instructions provided by the manufacturer for your thermal curtains. Some curtains have special cleaning instructions that you need to follow minutely to avoid any damage.
- Remove all the dust and debris from your curtains. You can safely use a hand-held vacuum cleaner with an upholstery attachment, which will help to suction away all the dirt. Pay special attention to the seams, top, and bottom of the curtains by using a crevice tool on your thermal curtains.
- Spot-clean all the stains and spills by rubbing the stain remover on all the spots. You can use a mild detergent or a mixture of water and vinegar. Use a sponge to dab at the stains carefully. Rigorous rubbing may damage the thermal fabric.
- If your thermal curtains can be machine washed, remove all hooks and weights from the curtains. Use a gentle cycle, and mild detergent, and avoid using bleach.
- You can handwash the thermal curtains by placing them in a bathtub or basin. Use a mild detergent solution, gently agitate the curtains in water, and rinse the curtains.
- Whether cleaning by washing machine or hand washing, it is important to air dry the curtains properly by hanging them from a clothesline and avoid exposing them to direct sunlight for an extended period as it can cause fading.
- Ironing the curtains
This can help smooth the wrinkles after washing the iron using a low-heat setting. Iron on the thermal curtains on the reverse side using low heat. Avoid direct contact with the thermal backing.
Always follow the care instructions given at the back of the curtains. This will provide additional guidance and maintenance. All these steps will help you keep the curtains in good condition.
- While cleaning thermal curtains, do not allow the thermal coating to stick to itself. Do not apply heat to the thermal coating, as it will melt.
- Use stain removers, which are created especially for coated curtains like thermal curtains.
It is better to use professional cleaning services like Professional Curtain Cleaning Melbourne for a thorough cleaning of your curtains.
Curtain Cleaning Melbourne is a well-established curtain-cleaning company based in Melbourne. We work 24×7, 365 days a year. Please contact our customer care at 0482078275 or online through our website to book an appointment.